Understanding Purplepass' account payments, processing and fees
The following are common questions addressing the payment process through Purplepass and/or your own credit card processor.
"How do I get paid with Purplepass?"
Payouts happen on the following Thursday after your event. There are 4 different ways you can get paid for your event through Purplepass. Keep in mind, if you would like to switch to a different payment method, please contact your service rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPTION 1: ECHECK
By default, you are set to eCheck. This payment comes from a service called Deluxe eCheck via email. It will ask you to follow a link to receive your paycheck. This method is the fastest and easiest way to get paid out. You can use your bank's mobile app to deposit these checks if they offer the option.
- Follow the instructions via email to retrieve your check. Feel free to create an account, but this is not necessary to get the check.
- Print it out and bring the check to the bank
- The bank will then process the check
OPTION 2: TRADITIONAL PAPER CHECK
If you prefer to receive a traditional paper check, this will come to you via USPS First Class mail.
OPTION 3: DIRECT DEPOSIT
Direct deposit will transfer the money directly into your bank account once payments have been sent out. You may sign up for this at any time with Purplepass. Once you are signed up and your bank account has been linked, you will receive money from that account.
Payouts will appear in your bank account ready for use the very next day after being paid. Please contact your service rep or let us know at email@example.com to send you an ACH form to get started with this option.
OPTION 4: INSTANT WITH MERCHANT ACCOUNT
If you have your own merchant account with an Authorize.net gateway account or PayPal, you can set up your account to receive funds directly to those accounts as sales are being made.
To activate this option, go to Settings > Merchant account. Here you will find the options to link up your merchant accounts. Please have your merchant account or PayPal information ready to proceed with this option.
"Can A Customer Pay The Portion Of A Fee?"
Yes! While editing your event
- Go to “Ticket Pricing and Options"
- On each ticket type that you have, you will see an options button.
- Click "Options"
- Next, you will find the option to absorb the fees
- Select this and then “Update Options”
- Then, go to the last ticket type you have and look below that. You will see the “Add Facility Fee” option.
- After selecting, it will show you options for how much of a fee you would like to add on. You may select anything you want, but remember as the ticket price goes higher, the service fee we charge to you will be higher.
NOTE: By selecting a flat rate (% or $ amount) you will be collecting only that and any amount over that will be deducted from your ticket face value.
"How Can I Control Who Pays Fees?"
You have complete control over who pays for what. By default, the customers will pay all fees, but you can choose to fully absorb fees or even split it up and let the customer pay a portion, and you pay the rest.
Following the steps above, you will have the option to set who will pay the service fees.
"Who Pays Box Office Fees?"
You can control who pays fees from the Settings page in the box office. If you’re already on the box office page for your event, then the settings button will be in the upper right corner.
Click on this, and it will bring you to all the box office settings.
Here you will see two sections
- “Credit card fees will be paid by:”
- “Purplepass fees will be paid by:”
You can toggle either one of these to whichever you wish. By default, Purplepass does not charge service fees for any tickets sold at the box office unless previously arranged.
Credit card fees will always be charged to the event organizer by default, but you may pass it to the customer if you wish.