Reporting copyright infringements
At Purplepass, we are committed to respecting and protecting the intellectual property rights of others. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we have implemented procedures to promptly address any alleged copyright infringement occurring on our platform. If you believe that any content hosted on Purplepass infringes upon your copyrighted material, please notify our designated DMCA Agent with a detailed notice (see information below), as specified under the DMCA. Upon receiving a valid notice, we will take swift action to remove or disable access to the content in question. We will also notify the user who posted the potentially infringing content, providing them with an opportunity to issue a counter-notice if they believe their content was removed erroneously.
Additionally, Purplepass maintains a strict policy to address and manage repeat infringers in accordance with the DMCA. It is our goal to ensure that both creators and users of our platform have a positive, law-abiding experience, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us achieve this. DMCA process is for copyright infringement claims only and not for other types of complaints or issues.
What Happens Next?Upon receiving a valid infringement claim:
- We will take prompt action to remove or disable access to the content in question.
- We will notify the user who uploaded the potentially infringing content. They will be provided an opportunity to issue a counter-notice, especially if they believe the content was taken down mistakenly.
Dealing with Repeat Infringers:
At Purplepass, we strive to maintain an environment that respects and upholds the intellectual property rights of all creators. Our commitment to this principle is evident in our adherence to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and our proactive approach towards addressing any infringements that occur on our platform. This Repeat Offender Policy has been put in place to specifically deal with users who repeatedly violate these rights.
A "Repeat Offender" is a user who has had content removed from the Purplepass platform due to copyright infringement on three or more occasions.
Actions Against Repeat Offenders:
- First Infringement: Upon the first validated complaint of copyright infringement against a user, Purplepass will remove or disable access to the alleged infringing content. The user will be notified of the infringement and provided with details about the complaint.
- Second Infringement: If a second validated complaint is received against the same user, the infringing content will again be removed or disabled. The user will be issued a final warning, alerting them that one more validated infringement will label them as a Repeat Offender, leading to potential account suspension.
- Third Infringement: Upon the third validated complaint, the user will be classified as a Repeat Offender. Their account may be temporarily suspended for a period determined by Purplepass, during which they will not be able to post or access content. The user will be informed of this action and the reason behind it.
- Further Infringements: If, after the account is reinstated, further validated infringements are reported, Purplepass reserves the right to permanently terminate the user's account and ban them from using the platform in the future.
Counter-Notices and Re-evaluation: If a user believes their content was removed erroneously, they may submit a counter-notice. If a counter-notice is validated, the infringement strike against the user may be removed from their record. However, repeated and false counter-notices may result in further actions against the user.
Appeals Process: A user labeled as a Repeat Offender may appeal the actions taken against them by reaching out to our support team. The appeal will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and decisions made during the review are final.
This policy is integral to maintaining a respectful and creative atmosphere on Purplepass. We urge all users to familiarize themselves with it and always respect the intellectual property rights of others. Our commitment is to foster a platform where creators feel safe, valued, and protected.