How to use ID numbers as promo codes to assign tickets for certain people
If you want to provide tickets to a certain group of people using ID numbers, follow these steps:
First, create a promo code list.
- Log in to the Purplepass promoter dashboard
- Edit an existing event or click on “Create New Event” in the top navigation menu
- When creating your event, scroll down the page until you reach the “Ticket Pricing and Options” section
- At the bottom of that section, select the “ Add coupon code” button located on the left side of the screen with the green + icon
- A pop-up window will appear
- At the top of the page under the first options is a checkbox labeled “List of codes (Uploaded or automatically generated)”
- Check that box
- Underneath, a blue link will appear that says “Manage lists”
- Click the link and the pop-up window “Manage Coupons Lists” will appear
- Next, click the purple “Upload or Generate List of Codes”
- Enter the list name in the first box
Choose to upload a list of codes from a file by checking the box titled "Upload a list of codes from a .txt / .csv file (One code per line)". Once the codes are uploaded, select the purple "Create List" button at the bottom of the window.
You can auto-generate a code for single-use coupon vouchers by clicking the "Auto generate code for me" and then clicking the purple "Create List" button at the bottom of the window. Another pop-up box will open, labeled "Create Coupon Code List".
NOTE: The list of codes you upload should be the identification numbers that are going to be used as a promo code.
Once you save the codes, they will be valid for the specified number of tickets you set in association with each identification number. You can either set a certain number of tickets to be free, or they can be discounted from the regular price.